Sunday, July 31, 2011

Daddy

Two weeks ago tonight we were at the hospital with Daddy and we thought he would get well and come home. At least, I did. It wasn't until later in the evening when the doctor told us his kidneys were failing that I knew there was practically no hope. Even then, a little voice in the back of my mind kept saying, "Maybe. Please, Lord."

And everybody, including me, keeps saying this is the way Daddy would have wanted it. He didn't want to linger, didn't want to be a burden. He had a living will. No extraordinary measures. But he was my Daddy and I didn't want to let go.

It doesn't seem possible that two weeks have passed already. I want to make time stand still and tell everybody, "Wait!! This can't be. My Daddy has died and I'm not ready to lose him."

I love you, Daddy.

No comments: